|Posted on August 20, 2020 at 7:25 AM|
Kidney stones are characterized by a condition wherein the urine instead of flowing out of the body crystallizes into small masses which then block the urinary tract causing pain and infections thus leading you to requiring Bladder & Renal Stone Treatment. Some of the most prominent symptoms of kidney stones are:
- Pain areas: in the back or side part of the body
- Pain types: can be severe, sharp, or sudden in the abdomen
- Pain circumstances: can occur during urination
- Gastrointestinal: nausea or vomiting
- Urinary: blood in urine or frequent urination
- Also common: sweating
Since symptoms of kidney stones can sometimes be misleading, it’s advisable to get professional guidance at the earliest from a Top Urologist in Bangalore. Although there’s no particular cause for kidney stones, slight changes in lifestyle can help avoiding it to a certain degree.
Let’s discuss 5 effective ways of preventing kidney stones:
- Stay sufficiently hydrated: Excess water helps dilute the elements that are potent of causing stones in the urine. Even some citrus beverages like orange juice and lime cordials help dilute stone formation.
- Increase calcium intake: Reducing calcium intake in the diet can lead to increased levels of oxalate in the urine. In order to prevent oxalate formation, one can take an age-appropriate amount of calcium which your doctor will be able to tell you.
- Regulate sodium intake: Kidney stones are triggered by increased sodium levels in the diet. A low sodium diet helps prevent the development of kidney stones.
- Check on the amount of animal protein: Uric acid levels are easily hyped by an increased intake of animal proteins such as seafood, eggs, red meat, etc., In fact, a high-protein diet is seen to bring down citrate levels, the element crucial to preventing kidney stones. Hence, only adequate amounts of meat is recommended for those looking to lead a stone-free lifestyle.
- Foods can cause stones too: Foods such as spinach, beets, rhubarb, chocolate, tea, and nuts can lead to kidney stones as all these are rich in phosphate and oxalate leading to Bladder & Renal Stone Treatment.
NU Hospitals offers the best Kidney Stone Treatment for adults and children. Call/visit the website to book your appointment today.
Categories: Kidney Stone