|Posted on August 8, 2019 at 6:20 AM|
Bladder stones are caused when minerals build up in the bladder and form into small ‘stones’. Mostly affecting older males, bladder stones can be uncomfortable. Basically, the leftover urine becomes concentrated and minerals within the liquid turn into crystals. Sometimes, these stones will be passed while they are very small. Other times, bladder stones can get stuck to the wall of the bladder or ureter.
- Discomfort or pain in the penis for males
- More frequent urination or a stop-start flow
- Pain in the lower stomach area
- Presence of blood in the urine
- Pain and discomfort while urinating
As bladder stones are caused by a range of medical illnesses, there are no specific ways to prevent them. However, if an individual experiences any odd urinary symptoms- pain, discoloration, blood- getting an earlier medical opinion is advised. Some of the techniques include:
- Increase fluid intake to lower urine concentration (2-3 liters a day)
- Regular emptying of the bladder
- Double voiding to increase emptying of urine from the bladder
- Using laxatives to avoid constipation
These techniques are often beneficial and help to stop the formation of Kidney stones with minimal adverse effects on the individual.
Backed by a set of erudite surgeons and world-class facilities, NU Hospitals has proven itself to provide one of the best bladder and renal stones treatments in India.
Categories: Kidney Stone