|Posted on January 24, 2021 at 6:15 AM||comments (0)|
People who have had an experience dealing with Kidney Stones will remember the agonising moments faced for a long while. With passage of time and the way medical science has advanced over the last few years, Kidney Stone Treatment is much easier these days. However, patients still need to do their bit, by staying focussed and determined.
One of the most established hospitals for Kidney Stone Treatment in Bangalore has been NU Hospitals, which has cracked many a complex cases related to Kidney Stones. Thanks to a team of best urologists in Bangalore, and their relentless service to people, with lot of passion and focus.
Preventing Kidney Stones from recurring is not tough. Here are some of the ways which one can think about.
• Drink plenty of water as keeping yourself hydrated dilutes those substances in the urine that have the capacity to form hard stones.
• Avoid oxalate rich food on a regular basis as oxalate has a high tendency to form kidney stones.
• Avoid a high sodium diet that can increase the chances of formation of stones.
• It is a good idea to limit your consumption of meat, poultry products and sea food so that the risk of developing Kidney Stones at a later stage can be minimized.
Urologists at NU Hospitals continue their research in finding out lesser complicated ways of allowing the Kidney Stone to dilute and pass out of your body through urine. Usually Kidney Stones take several weeks to a few months to pass as they may develop in various sizes. Depending upon the number of stones and their size, your urologist may prescribe medications that can help dilute them and pass out through urine, with less amount of discomfort.
However, if the pain becomes too unbearable or the stones are too large to pass, there are safe surgical procedures which can help reduce the stones to smaller pieces so that they can pass out easily.
Urologists at NU Hospitals, one of the best hospitals for Kidney Care in Bangalore, combine advanced technology and graceful care, to address the most complex of issues related to your Kidneys. If you suffer any symptoms that are likely to suggest the presence of stones, then lose no further time and make a wise choice. Compassionate care, advanced medicine and quality treatment, more importantly close to your home, can help you reduce anxious moments faced due to Kidney Stones, to a great extent.
|Posted on August 20, 2020 at 7:25 AM||comments (0)|
Kidney stones are characterized by a condition wherein the urine instead of flowing out of the body crystallizes into small masses which then block the urinary tract causing pain and infections thus leading you to requiring Bladder & Renal Stone Treatment. Some of the most prominent symptoms of kidney stones are:
- Pain areas: in the back or side part of the body
- Pain types: can be severe, sharp, or sudden in the abdomen
- Pain circumstances: can occur during urination
- Gastrointestinal: nausea or vomiting
- Urinary: blood in urine or frequent urination
- Also common: sweating
Since symptoms of kidney stones can sometimes be misleading, it’s advisable to get professional guidance at the earliest from a Top Urologist in Bangalore. Although there’s no particular cause for kidney stones, slight changes in lifestyle can help avoiding it to a certain degree.
Let’s discuss 5 effective ways of preventing kidney stones:
- Stay sufficiently hydrated: Excess water helps dilute the elements that are potent of causing stones in the urine. Even some citrus beverages like orange juice and lime cordials help dilute stone formation.
- Increase calcium intake: Reducing calcium intake in the diet can lead to increased levels of oxalate in the urine. In order to prevent oxalate formation, one can take an age-appropriate amount of calcium which your doctor will be able to tell you.
- Regulate sodium intake: Kidney stones are triggered by increased sodium levels in the diet. A low sodium diet helps prevent the development of kidney stones.
- Check on the amount of animal protein: Uric acid levels are easily hyped by an increased intake of animal proteins such as seafood, eggs, red meat, etc., In fact, a high-protein diet is seen to bring down citrate levels, the element crucial to preventing kidney stones. Hence, only adequate amounts of meat is recommended for those looking to lead a stone-free lifestyle.
- Foods can cause stones too: Foods such as spinach, beets, rhubarb, chocolate, tea, and nuts can lead to kidney stones as all these are rich in phosphate and oxalate leading to Bladder & Renal Stone Treatment.
NU Hospitals offers the best Kidney Stone Treatment for adults and children. Call/visit the website to book your appointment today.
|Posted on November 21, 2019 at 5:45 AM||comments (0)|
Kidney stones are hard crystals of minerals and salts that form by sticking together inside the kidneys. The size of kidney stones can vary from a seed to a pearl or even larger. It can obstruct the urine flow and cause infection, kidney damage or kidney failure.
Treatment for kidney stones
Most kidney stones can be treated without surgery. Kidney stones can pass by itself through the urinary tract but may cause severe pain. The pain caused by a kidney stone may differ in intensity when shifting to a different location.
Kidney stones can be easily melted by medication and therapy until the size of the stones are very large that can't be removed or crushed with other treatments. In this case, surgery might be the only option. Find the best treatment of kidney stones in Bangalore.
Following are some ways to treat kidney stones without surgery:
Some specific types of kidney stones like uric acid stones can be dissolved with the help of medications. Medications are used to make stones easy to pass through urine.
2. Drink a lot of water
Some kidney stones are formed by an infection because of not drinking enough fluids or water. Drinking plenty of water is one of the best ways to prevent and treat kidney stones. It helps ease the passage or slow the growth of stones in the kidneys.
3. Home remedies
Several home remedies are present to cure kidney stones. The purpose of these methods is to dissolve kidney stones in the urine and pass it out from the body.
But it is always recommended to consult with your doctor first as you may be allergic to some ingredients.
Apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, pomegranate juice, basil and wheatgrass juice etc contain the ingredients that can help prevent kidney stones.
But remember, if you are noticing symptoms of kidney stones, it is always good to see a urologist before taking any medication or therapy. Your doctor may suggest a kidney stone surgery until and unless kidney stones starts coming down and get stuck in the ureter. Larger kidney stones require immediate removal by kidney surgery or even kidney transplant.
Get kidney function tests regularly as sometimes no symptoms are seen for most of the kidney disease. Choose the best treatment and care for your kidneys in one of India’s leading Nephrology-Urology hospitals.
Contact NU multispecialty hospital Bangalore
|Posted on August 14, 2019 at 3:00 AM||comments (0)|
Stones usually pass from the kidneys, and finally through the urethra on their own without causing any pain. They develop primarily when you do not feel the urge to urinate often. Both the genders can develop stones in their lifetime- the common age group being 35-60+.
Let us take some of the queries related to removal of kidney stones:
Does one need kidney stone surgery for removal of stone?
This entirely depends on the location, size of the stone and the damage it is causing to our kidneys. A small stone of around the size of 6mm or less, which is in the urinary tube not causing much of swelling of the kidney, can be managed medically. You won’t be requiring surgery but you have to be under medical supervision. On the contrary, larger stones in the ureter causing swelling of the kidney or infection require immediate removal by ureteroscopy and Holmium LASER. Small obstructing stones in the kidney also require removal either by shock waves that is crushing the stones from outside. Though this method is not as effective. Large kidney stones can be removed by a small hole through the skin. This method is called Per Cutaneous Nephro Lithotripsy (PCNL).
Will one get kidney stones again?
There is high probability that one gets the stone again in his life time. Almost 40% patients can develop second stone in their lifetime. Therefore, it’s better if one undergoes a regular check up with the doctor.
Will they damage the kidneys?
Stones which block the kidney, whether they are in kidney or ureter and cause swelling of the kidney can gradually damage the kidney function. Stones can also cause recurrent infection in urinary tract which can further damage the renal function.
Equipped with matchless technologies and a set of well-learned surgeons making NU Hospitals one of the best to provide kidney stone treatments in Bangalore.
|Posted on August 8, 2019 at 6:20 AM||comments (0)|
Bladder stones are caused when minerals build up in the bladder and form into small ‘stones’. Mostly affecting older males, bladder stones can be uncomfortable. Basically, the leftover urine becomes concentrated and minerals within the liquid turn into crystals. Sometimes, these stones will be passed while they are very small. Other times, bladder stones can get stuck to the wall of the bladder or ureter.
- Discomfort or pain in the penis for males
- More frequent urination or a stop-start flow
- Pain in the lower stomach area
- Presence of blood in the urine
- Pain and discomfort while urinating
As bladder stones are caused by a range of medical illnesses, there are no specific ways to prevent them. However, if an individual experiences any odd urinary symptoms- pain, discoloration, blood- getting an earlier medical opinion is advised. Some of the techniques include:
- Increase fluid intake to lower urine concentration (2-3 liters a day)
- Regular emptying of the bladder
- Double voiding to increase emptying of urine from the bladder
- Using laxatives to avoid constipation
These techniques are often beneficial and help to stop the formation of Kidney stones with minimal adverse effects on the individual.
Backed by a set of erudite surgeons and world-class facilities, NU Hospitals has proven itself to provide one of the best bladder and renal stones treatments in India.
|Posted on July 17, 2019 at 4:40 AM||comments (0)|
Kidney stones are solid deposits of crystals, usually made of calcium oxalate, which form in the kidneys, bladder, urethra and the ureter. They can be very painful.
Why do kidney stones form?
- The leading cause of kidney stones is insufficient intake of water.
- The uric acid doesn’t become diluted enough and hence the urine becomes more acidic.
- This acidic environment in the urine can result in formation of kidney stones.
- Excessive concentration of substances like calcium, oxalate and uric acid.
- High amounts of proteins, salt and glucose in the diet.
- Inflammatory bowel diseases and infection in the urinary tract
- Medications such as diuretics, anti-seizure drugs and some antacids can also play a role in formation of kidney stones.
Symptoms of Kidney Stones
In the initial stages, the person does not usually exhibit any symptoms. When the stones move into the ureter, which is the tube connecting the kidney and the bladder, the following symptoms of kidney stones can be observed:
- Severe pain in the lower back and the sides, called renal colic.
- Pain radiating to the groin area
- Blood in the urine (pink, red, or brown urine)
- Pain that occurs in waves and varies in intensity
- Sweating, nausea and vomiting
- Fever and chills
- Frequent and painful urination
- Pain in the testicles or the scrotum in men
- Treatment for kidney stones
Kidney stone treatment depends on their size as well as the composition. Small-sized stones can be treated in the following ways:
Drinking water: Adequate consumption of liquids can help flush out the smaller kidney stones out of the system.
Medication: Pain relievers such as ibuprofen, medicines like diuretics and alpha-blocer drugs are also effective.
Stones which are bigger in size can be treated in the following ways:
Lithotripsy: This method employs sound waves to create strong vibrations that can break up large stones into smaller pieces that can be easily removed from the body.
Ureteroscopy: A thin tube is inserted through the urinary tract in order to break up the stones into smaller fragments which are then removed through the tube.
Kidney Stone Surgery: A surgical procedure called percutaneous nephrolithotomy, by which kidney stones are removed through a small incision in the person’s back may be performed if the lithotripsy was unsuccessful.
|Posted on June 5, 2019 at 6:15 AM||comments (0)|
It is that time of the year, when the searing heat makes us want to reach out for a glass of water every few minutes. But, turns out there are more important reasons to consume more water in summer, other than for cooling ourselves.
Dehydration is very common during summer, and this lack of water in our body can lead to the formation of kidney stones. These are small deposits, usually made of calcium, that collect in the urine and form in the kidneys. If not treated promptly and properly, these can cause serious damages to our system. Many studies have shown that people who live in hotter climates are at a greater risk of developing kidney stones than those living in cooler places. This is because, dehydration occurs faster in summer due to sweating. As a result, a person urinates less, leading to accumulation and crystallization of substances such as calcium, oxalate and uric acid in the kidneys.
It should be emphasized that it is important to consume the right kind of fluids when the weather is hot, for drinking sodas and carbonated drinks can have a counterproductive effect by reducing the water content further in our body. Drinking more amounts of water is the safest bet to prevent kidney stone formation.
Fortunately, kidney stone treatment is a simple affair if detected early enough, and one can make appropriate changes in their dietary habits to combat it. The most important, and also the simplest thing, one can do is increasing the consumption of water. Also, it is important to reduce the acidic content of our diet. Therefore it is important to consume sufficient fruits and vegetables, as well as foods rich in potassium and magnesium.
Depending on the type of kidney stones, you can modify your diet slightly. For people suffering from kidney stones made of calcium oxalate, foods like spinach, black tea, nuts, and chocolate must be limited. In case of uric acid stones, it is advised to keep a check on the quantity of animal protein and sugary sodas.
In any case, it is of utmost importance to get immediate medical care for any such complications. NU Hospitals is a reputed nephrology and urology hospital known for the effective treatment of kidney stones in Bangalore. With its modern medical infrastructure as well as qualified specialists, it has provided relief to many suffering from similar ailments.